GOBA AMATEUR RADIO
Club Call Sign:
Todd Johnson, KD8UND, will return as the communications director for GOBA 2022
GOBA 2022 Itinerary:
- Saturday June 17th – Arrive in Jefferson for registration.
- Sunday June 18th – Jefferson loop.
- Monday June 19th – Jefferson loop.
- Tuesday June 20th – Jefferson to Willoughby trip.
- Wednesday June 21st – Willoughby to Kent trip.
- Thursday June 22nd – Kent loop.
- Friday June 23rd – Kent to Burton trip.
- Saturday June 24th – Burton to Jefferson trip. Head home and start getting ready for GOBA 2024!
Become a ham
Amateur Radio Operations on GOBA
Amateur Radio provides GOBA’s 1000 bicyclists with quick access to emergency services provided by GOBA’s organizers. Volunteer amateur radio operators from local county Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) groups and amateur radio
clubs in GOBA’s host communities work hard each year to help keep GOBA riders safe. For these amateur radio operators, all of whom have passed tests to earn their radio licenses from the Federal Communications Commission, volunteering on GOBA is both a community service and an important emergency preparedness exercise. Using their technical communications skills and thousands of dollars of privately owned radio equipment, these critical volunteers use GOBA to refine their skills and improve their equipment to ensure their ability to provide emergency communications services to Ohio citizens in the case of a local, state, or national emergency.
To join the GOBAhams discussion group on Yahoo, click on the subscribe link below.
GOBA Amateur Radio Pages Originally Created by
Jeff Ferriell, K8ZDA
Revised byJeff Slattery, N8SUZ,
GOBA Communications Director Emeritus
Revised by Todd Johnson, KD8UND, current GOBA Communications Director