GOBA AMATEUR RADIO
Club Call Sign:
Todd Johnson, KD8UND, will return as the communications director for GOBA 2022
GOBA 2022 Itinerary:
- Saturday June 18th – Arrive in Sidney for registration.
- Sunday June 19th – Sidney loop.
- Monday June 20th – Sidney to Wapakoneta trip.
- Tuesday June 21st – Wapakoneta loop.
- Wednesday June 22nd – Wapakoneta to Troy trip.
- Thursday June 23rd – Troy loop.
- Friday June 24th – Troy loop.
- Saturday June 25th – Troy to Sidney ride. Head home and start getting ready for GOBA 2023!
Become a ham
Amateur Radio Operations on GOBA
Amateur Radio provides GOBA’s 1000 bicyclists with quick access to emergency services provided by GOBA’s organizers. Volunteer amateur radio operators from local county Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) groups and amateur radio
clubs in GOBA’s host communities work hard each year to help keep GOBA riders safe. For these amateur radio operators, all of whom have passed tests to earn their radio licenses from the Federal Communications Commission, volunteering on GOBA is both a community service and an important emergency preparedness exercise. Using their technical communications skills and thousands of dollars of privately owned radio equipment, these critical volunteers use GOBA to refine their skills and improve their equipment to ensure their ability to provide emergency communications services to Ohio citizens in the case of a local, state, or national emergency.
To join the GOBAhams discussion group on Yahoo, click on the subscribe link below.
GOBA Amateur Radio Pages Originally Created by
Jeff Ferriell, K8ZDA
Revised byJeff Slattery, N8SUZ,
GOBA Communications Director Emeritus
Revised by Todd Johnson, KD8UND, current GOBA Communications Director